Downloadable file: Salem Triathlon Road Closure Map
The following road closures will be in effect on Sunday, September 15, between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. to accommodate the 2019 Salem Rotary Multisport Riverfest:
• Commercial Street SE between Trade Street SE and Owens Street S
o (right-most southbound lane of Commercial Street SE
• Front Street SE between Center Street NE and Commercial Street SE
o (right-most southbound lane of Front Street SE)
• Owens Street S between Saginaw Street S and River Road S
o (one of two eastbound lanes on Owens Street S)
• Owens Street S between Commercial Street SE and River Road S
o (westbound lane of Owens Street S)
• River Road S between Fairmont Avenue S and Minto Island Road SW
Also closed during this period:
• Entrance to the Riverfront Park Carousel on State Street
• Entrance to Minto-Brown Island Park
o (will be only open for northbound traffic on River Road S)
Cyclists and motorist will be sharing the road on River Road South between the entrance to Minto Brown Island Park and the Independence Bridge. The bike course for the triathlon starts riders at Wallace Marine Park, takes them over the Union Street Railroad Bridge, across the top of Riverfront Park, and eventually down River Road S. Olympic distance triathletes will cycle as far as the Independence Bridge before returning to Riverfront Park to compete in the running leg of the event.
The Salem Rotary Multisport Riverfest is a community event jointly presented each year by the Rotary Clubs of Salem and South Salem. Events include Triathlons (Swim/Bike/Run), Duathlons (Run/Bike/Run), 5k/10k Runs, and a Family Fun Run. The start line for the Triathlon and Duathlon are near the boat ramp of Wallace Marine Park. The start line for the running events and the finish line for all events are in Riverfront Park.
The first events of the 2019 Salem Rotary Multisport Riverfest will start at 8:00 a.m.
Registration is still open. Additional information is available at https://rotaryriverfestsalem.org/