There are 749.06 sex offenders per 100,000 people in Oregon through 2019. The national average is 230.92 per 100,000.
Despite movements like #MeToo, sexual predators remain an issue in American culture.
Here are key findings in Oregon:
- No. 1 in registered sex offenders per 100,000 people, 749.06.
- No. 7 in number of registered sex offenders, 31,032.
- No. 19 in reported rapes per 100,000 people, 47.1.
- No. 15 in reported rate of child sex abuse victims per 100,000 children, 100.5.
Here are key national findings:
- The 10 states with the highest rates of sex offenders are Oregon, Montana, Alaska, Delaware, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Michigan, Kansas and Arkansas.
- The 10 states with the lowest rates of sex offenders are New Jersey, Massachusetts, Washington, Arizona, Rhode Island, Maryland, Florida, Ohio, New Mexico and Washington, D.C.