News Release from City of Salem
Posted: May 5th, 2021 4:00 PM
Salem, Ore. —Join Greg Walsh, Salem’s Emergency Preparedness Manager, for a free virtual lunchtime series about steps you can take to prepare for disaster, starting Thursday, May 13.
Every other week, Walsh will present 30 minutes on a different topic that can help you be better prepared:
- Thursday, May 13, noon – Power outages and ice storms – what we learned from the ice storm
- Thursday, May 27, noon – Water outages and water storage
- Thursday, June 10, noon – Emergency food supply
- Thursday, June 24, noon – Wildfires
- Thursday, July 8, noon – We’re looking for your ideas. Take this survey to tell us what emergency topics you’d like to know more about.
Join us on Zoom. We’ll use the same link for every meeting. We’ll also live stream to the City’s YouTube channel.
During a major natural disaster, or regional emergency, emergency response teams may not be able to reach individual households for as much as two weeks. If Salem was affected by another major natural disaster, could your family survive for at least two weeks without assistance?
From earthquakes to floods, wildfires to personal financial crises, emergencies come in many forms, and often when you least expect it. Being prepared brings peace of mind, knowing your loved ones will be OK.
# # #