Express Service at the Salem Public Library’s Main Library will open to the public on Friday, October 1. Salem residents can visit from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday for browsing, holds pickup, and limited public computer use.
Curbside Service by appointment will continue to be available from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesdays and 1-3 p.m. Sundays. The outdoor book return at the Main Library is available 24/7.
Know before you come:
- Masks worn over the mouth and nose are required at all times inside the library
- We will welcome a maximum of 200 visitors in the building at one time
- Those planning to visit are asked to make an appointment in advance through SignupGenius; additional capacity may be available for walk-in visitors.
- Visitors are requested to limit their stay to a maximum of one hour
- Public computers are available for a maximum of one hour per day; public WiFi access will be available
Some services/areas will be temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19, including: in-person programs and storytimes; meeting and study rooms; Discovery Room; Teen Scene Room; the Plaza Level; and the West Salem Branch.