City of Salem – 06/09/22 3:30 PM
Salem, Ore. — The City of Salem will roll out a new website Monday, June 13, with many improved features.
“We invite you to explore the new website and discover all the services, programs, and new initiatives the City of Salem offers,” said Kristin Retherford, Interim City Manager.
Salem’s new website will be at the same address, https://www.cityofsalem.net. Design and navigation tools in the new website are informed by best practice, user community feedback and use patterns. Features include:
- Easier access through side menu navigation
- Prominent, home page buttons linking to our website’s most popular pages
- Translation into dozens of languages
- An “I want to…” menu that makes it easier to find frequently used pages
- Flexible and responsive design, including better mobile device presentation
- Improved accessibility for screen readers
- Integrated social media feeds and video content
- Searchable, sortable, and easily navigated event calendar
- A new “Shaping Salem’s Future” section that brings together all the projects and planning efforts under way at the City
While the new website is scheduled to go live on Monday, it may require a few hours to fully implement. During the change-over, you may be linked to either the existing website or the new website.
The City invites site visitors to share their thoughts on the new website through the “Give Website Feedback” link at the bottom of all web pages.