LEVEL 3 EVACUATIONS ORDERED SOUTH OF SALEM (UPDATE 2 – 10:35 PM)
News Release from Marion Co. Sheriff’s Office
Posted on FlashAlert: September 9th, 2022 10:40 PM
September 9, 2022 – 10:35 pm update:
Emergency responders will be remaining on scene overnight. Previously announced Level 3 evacuations remain in effect. As a precaution, Level 2: Be Set evacuations are being issued to the following areas in Marion and Polk Counties:
- Marion County:
- River Road S at Sawmill Rd
- Sawmill Rd S
- South side of Ballyntyne Rd S
- Stonehill Ave S
- Jory Hill Rd S west of Elmhurst Ave S
- Elmhurst Ave S to Nehalem St S
- Cole Rd S west of Bates Rd S
- West side of Bates Rd S to Bunker Hill Rd S including the Chinook Estates neighborhood
- Bunker Hill Rd S to Riverside Dr S
- Riverside Dr S from River Rd S to Sidney Rd S
- West side of Sidney Rd S to Buena Vista Rd S
- Polk County:
- East of Corvallis Rd from the Independence Bridge to Davidson Rd
- North of Davidson Rd and Wigrich Rd east to the Willamette River
Level 2: BE SET to evacuate. You must prepare to leave at a moment’s notice. This level indicates there is significant danger to your area, and residents should either voluntarily relocate to a shelter or with family and friends outside of the affected area, or if choosing to remain, to be ready to evacuate at a moment’s notice. Residents MAY have time to gather necessary items, but doing so is at their own risk. This may be the only notice you receive. Emergency services cannot guarantee that they will be able to notify you if conditions rapidly deteriorate. Area media services will be asked to broadcast periodic updates.
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office has ordered Level 3 evacuations to the following areas:
- Vitae Springs Road between Skyline Rd S to River Rd
- West side of Skyline Rd from Vitae Springs Rd to Cole Rd S
- Orville Rd S
- RIversprings Rd to Prospect Ridge
Level 3: GO! Evacuate now! Leave immediately! Danger to your area is current or imminent, and you should evacuate immediately. If you choose to ignore this advisement, you must understand that emergency services may not be available to assist you further. DO NOT delay leaving to gather any belongings or make efforts to protect your home. This will be the last notice you receive.
A gathering point for evacuees has been established at Judson Middle School located at 4512 Jones Rd SE, Salem.
A unified command has been established with fire officials to coordinate the response and door to door evacuation notifications have been made by area law enforcement. There are currently 18 responding agencies involved in the incident including air support. Additional information will be released at a later time.
An up to date map of areas under evacuation can be found at https://bit.ly/2022VitaeSpringsFire. The American Red Cross is offering emergency shelter assistance for evacuees and can be contacted at Judson Middle School located 4512 Jones Rd SE, Salem. Evacuees seeking information about emergency livestock sheltering are asked to check in at Judson Middle School.
Current weather conditions have the area under a red flag warning. Please do not enter evacuated areas.
Sign up for emergency alerts through Marion Polk Alerts.