Keizer Police Dept. – 12/16/22 12:06 PM
On Thursday, December 8, 2022, officers from the Keizer Police Department, in collaboration with the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, conducted a retail theft operation in Keizer Station. The goal was to identify, apprehend, and hold people accountable for committing theft at the various retailers located in the complex.
Law enforcement and asset protection employees converged on stores and surrounding area to conduct surveillance on shoplifters and people engaging in criminal activity. The nine hour operation resulted in eight arrests, and the clearing of numerous outstanding arrest warrants. During the detail, officers recovered nearly $1,700 in shoplifted merchandise.
- 50 year-old male transient: Third Degree Theft
- 28 year-old male Portland resident: Second Degree Theft
- 29 year-old male Portland transient: Warrants (Aggravated Identity Theft x2, Mail Theft x4, Identity Theft x9)
- 38 year-old male Salem transient: Second Degree Theft, Warrants (Fail to Appear – Possession of Heroin and Giving False Information, Fail to Appear – Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle x2, Fail to Appear – Second Degree Theft, and Abscond – Parole)
- 28 year-old female Oregon City resident: Warrant (Fail to Appear – Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle)
- 27 year-old male Molalla resident: Second Degree Theft
- 31 year-old male Oregon City resident: Second Degree Theft, Warrant (Parole Violation)
- 38 year-old female Portland transient: Second Degree Theft, Warrants (Fail to Appear – Possession of Heroin and Second Degree Theft, Fail to Appear – Possession of Heroin, Possession of Methamphetamine, Second Degree Theft x2, Second Degree Theft x3, Fail to Appear – First Degree Theft and Second Degree Theft)
The Keizer Police Department would like to thank the Marion County Sheriff’s Office and the asset protection employees from the various businesses, without their cooperation and support, this operation wouldn’t have been possible.