Salem’s City Council, Salem Housing Authority and Urban Renewal Agency are scheduled to meet Monday, January 23, at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers. In addition to hearing an annual report from the Salem Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, and considering a motion from Councilor Stapleton to modify the scope of the Salem Transportation System Plan Update, topics on their agenda for City Council consideration include authorizing or approving:
- The use of $4.5 million of unallocated McGilchrist Urban Renewal Area funds for the 22nd Street SE realignment project (Urban Renewal Agency),
- The City Manager to execute an Agreement with the State of Oregon to transfer real property (Geer Community Park), and
- Grant applications to build Pringle Creek Path connection and refine plan for pedestrian bridge over OR 22 east of Lancaster Drive SE.
Public hearings on:
- Reallocation of Community Development Block Grant COVID grants, and
- Supplemental Budget 1 for unanticipated City expenses related to operation of the City medic unit.
To give feedback online via Zoom during the meeting, please sign up between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. the day of the meeting at https://www.cityofsalem.net/comment-at-council. To give remarks in person at the Salem City Council Chambers, sign up just before the meetings using the lists available at the Chambers entrance.
If you need a translator to help you with comments, please contact us at 503-763-3459 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days before the meeting. Translation of the meeting into other languages can also be requested.