WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO
11 PM PDT SUNDAY ABOVE 1500 FEET…
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected above 1500 feet. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet, except 2 to 4 feet above 3000 feet in elevation. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE…Northern Oregon Cascades and Cascades in Lane County.
* WHEN…From 8 PM this evening to 11 PM PDT Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. Those with recreation plans in the Cascades this weekend should prepare for peak winter conditions.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow levels will lower from around 3000 feet to 1000 feet behind a cold front this evening, then snow levels will remain unseasonably low through Monday. Accumulating snow will be possible for elevations as low as 500 feet, but the heaviest and most impactful accumulations will remain above 1500 feet.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. For the latest road conditions call 5 1 1, or visit for Oregon: https://www.tripcheck.com and for Washington: https://wsdot.com/travel/real-time/map