Join us on Monday, December 11, at 6 p.m. for a meeting of the Salem City Council, Salem Housing Authority and Salem Urban Renewal Agency in the Salem Council Chambers. The Council is expected to finalize details of a Revenue Task Force.
City Council will consider:
- a resolution to approve a 10-year property tax exemption, under the City’s Multiple Unit Housing Tax Incentive Program
- acquisition of a property for pedestrian crossing improvements at Sunnyview Road NE and Hollywood Drive NE
- a request for reduction in land use fee for a project on 15th Street SE
- a grant application for $3.8 million under ODOT’s All Roads Transportation Safety program for three projects to reduce conflicts among pedestrian, bike, transit, vehicles, and freight modes
- a renewal of the Marion County Ambulance Service Area Franchise agreement
- forming the Revenue Task Force
- an annual report from the Salem Public Art Commission
- a pre-design report and update on the Salem Civic Center bond-funded project
- a report on reduction of Library hours
The next regular City Council meeting will be January 8, 2024.