PGE Encourages Customers to do the Same
PORTLAND, Ore. (Jan. 8) — With high winds in the forecast Monday night into Tuesday and the potential for winter weather conditions later this week, Portland General Electric encourages customers to prepare for potential service interruptions.
PGE meteorologists are keeping a close eye on the developing weather conditions, while damage assessment and wire-down crews, among others, are preparing to mobilize quickly for potential restoration efforts.
While PGE plans and prepares for inclement weather throughout the year, outages can still occur. Customers are encouraged to always be prepared. Learn more at portlandgeneral.com/beprepared.
- Prepare an outage kit that includes:
- Flashlight or headlamps
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and alarm clock or watch
- Car charger for your cell phone, laptops and/or tablets
- 72-hour supply of ready-to-eat food and water
- Extra blankets
- Bottled water for people and animals (for those who rely on electricity to pump water)
- For customers with an electric garage door opener, learn how to operate it manually.
- Protect home electronics by investing in surge protection equipment. See options at portlandgeneral.com/surge.
- Be familiar with safe cooking, heating, and lighting practices. Information on safe generator use and other tips are available on portlandgeneral.com/safety.
PGE offers several ways to report an outage and receive updates:
- Text updates: If power is out, PGE will send a text message to affected customers. If power is out and a text message was not received, customers should first report the outage, then update their mobile phone number online at portlandgeneral.com or through the PGE mobile app.
- Online: Go to portlandgeneral.com/outage to view PGE’s outage map.
- App: Download the PGE app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Links are also available at portlandgeneral.com/app.
- Phone: Call 503-464-7777 or 800-544-1795 to report a power outage or downed line through our automated system. Customers can also request a call back when power is restored.
People should always assume that any downed line is live and extremely dangerous and should stay far back. Never touch a downed wire with any object or body part. Report downed lines immediately to PGE by calling 503-464-7777 or 800-544-1795.
About Portland General Electric Company
Portland General Electric (NYSE: POR) is a fully integrated energy company that generates, transmits and distributes electricity to over 900,000 customers in 51 cities across the state of Oregon. For more than 130 years, Portland General Electric (PGE) has powered the advancement of society, delivering safe, affordable, reliable and increasingly clean energy. To deliver on its strategy and meet state targets, PGE and its approximately 3,000 employees are committed to partnering with stakeholders to achieve at least an 80% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from power served to customers by 2030 and 100% reduction by 2040. PGE customers set the standard for prioritizing clean energy with the No. 1 voluntary renewable energy program in the country. Additionally, for the fifth year in a row, PGE was recognized by the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index which highlights companies committed to creating a more equal and inclusive workplace. As a reflection of the company’s commitment to the community it serves, in 2022, PGE employees, retirees and the PGE Foundation donated nearly $5.5 million and volunteered more than 18,000 hours with more than 400 nonprofits across Oregon. For more information visit www.PortlandGeneral.com/news.