Join us in front of Riverfront Park’s Rotary Pavilion (200 Water Street NE in Riverfront Park), on Friday, December 2, 2022, beginning at 5:00 p.m. for the opening night of holiday lights and celebrations in Riverfront Park.
City of Salem Parks Operations personnel have placed displays around the park with more than 4,000 individual LED lights to create a festive holiday experience. Friday evening’s kick-off holiday event will host:
- Reindeer viewing from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Holiday music beginning at 5 p.m.
- Free hot chocolate and cookies, beginning at 5:15 p.m.
- Bells of the Cascades performance from 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Free Horse and Carriage Rides from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Santa will make a special visit from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Family and friends are welcome to attend this joyous occasion, walk through the park, and enjoy the holiday season. The holiday light display will be available to park visitors every evening through December 27, 2022.