Thanks to grant funding from Oregon Impact, the Salem Police Department was able to conduct a specialized patrol shift during the month of April to focus on the very dangerous issue of driving while impaired.
In March and April, the combined focused enforcement efforts through the grant and by the overall agency resulted in the following:
• 49 arrests for Driving Under the Influence,
• 9 citations for the violation of Minor in Possession,
• 124 citations for Driving While Suspended,
• 74 citations for speeding, and
• 760 other citations and warnings for various other offenses.
The Salem Police Department extends thanks to Oregon Impact and the Oregon Department of Transportation for their partnership to keep the Salem community safe through traffic safety enforcement and education.