Cherriots – 03/23/20 10:30 AM
The Salem Area Mass Transit District, Cherriots, is experiencing service disruptions because of staffing shortages. Riders are encouraged to check for alerts at Cherriots.org to learn if their route has changed.
Cherriots is asking that riders stay home except for critical trips.
“We can’t say it enough,” said General Manager Allan Pollock, “We have to work together to stop the spread of disease, but it only works if everyone does their part.”
- May service changes, which include the introduction of Sunday service, are postponed.
- The Customer Service lobby and windows are now closed. Staff members are available by phone at 503-588-2877, by email at email@example.com, and on our social media channels. The Keizer Transit Center lobby is also closed.
- The Administrative Offices and Del Webb Operations Center are closed to visitors. Contact customer service for assistance.
- Services are fare-free but riders must have a destination. Board Cherriots Local buses through the back door to give space for the drivers.
- The Polk County Flex and Cherriots Shop and Ride services are suspended until further notice.
- Use the online tools provided to stay in-the-know about the changes. Visit this site before every trip.