City of Salem – 09/19/23 10:30 AM
- The City of Salem is planning a 5-year update to the Floodplain Management Plan.
- It’s been 10 years since Salem’s last major flood. Being prepared means staying engaged and up-to-date on floodplain management and flood hazard mitigation.
- All are welcome to attend to help us identify new flood hazards, mitigation goals, and the best ways to protect people and property.
Salem, Ore. — Join City of Salem staff and volunteers for a free public open house focused on floodplain management in the City of Salem. The goal of the 5-year update to the Floodplain Management Plan is to help identify new flood hazards, educate property owners about flooding risks, and coordinate mitigation activities that support the whole community.
If you have recently moved to Salem or purchased property along one of the City’s many creeks or low-elevation areas, you are encouraged to attend the open house.
Open House Details
- Date: Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Time: 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Place: Salem Public Library, Anderson Room A, 585 Liberty St SE
- Details: Drop in anytime during the open house to talk with the City Staff to learn about the Plan Update. There will be no formal presentation. Refreshments will be provided, and a Spanish interpreter will be available.
The current Floodplain Management Plan and the steps we are taking to update the plan are available on our website.